Our Conveyancing and Property practice has vast experience in advising on all aspects of conveyancing, property and construction law. With industry insight, our team of lawyers has the technical know-how to advise on all aspects of a real estate project including structuring of complex developments for commercial and residential properties, assisting in the acquisition and disposal of land including change of user, extension of leases, processing of titles, subdivisions and amalgamations as well as drafting of construction contracts and agreements with project consultants. Our clients include real estate investors and developers, owners and tenants of commercial and residential properties and private clients.
- Representing and advising a foreign-owned company in the comprehensive due diligence, legal advisory and structuring of an acquisition of a commercial building in Nairobi valued at approximately USD 5,000,000.
- Advising one of our clients in the structuring of a family estate, due diligence and negotiations and sale of agricultural land in Laikipia County valued at approximately USD 14,480,000;
- Representing a local company in the health sector in due diligence and purchase of part of land in a mixed use development in Kiambu in a transaction valued at USD 5, 900,000.
- Acted for a statutory corporation in legal due diligence, legal advisory and purchase of properties in Mombasa and Nyeri valued at approximately KES. 120 million.
- Acting for an international client in the due diligence and advising on the purchase of land in Upperhill valued at approximately USD 10,000,000 intended for mixed use development.
- Advising about 120 landowners in their negotiations with the Government of Kenya relating to the Government’s compulsory acquisition of their land for the Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) Project Phases 1 and 2A in which the land owners were awarded a total compensation of approximately USD. 36 Million.
- Acting for various real estate companies in structuring of real estate projects including preparation of project documents, joint ventures, setting up special purpose vehicles, preparation of all sale documents (including reservation forms, letters of offer, agreements for sale, leases and transfers), handling of sale transactions between developers and buyers, registration of interests (Leases and transfers) and handling closure of the projects.
- Representing clients in change of users, extension of leases and subdivision of land.
- Acting for many clients in the purchase, sale and disposal of various interests in land including bare land, apartments and office units.
- Acting for various companies and public bodies in preparation and execution of Leases and licences for units in commercial and residential buildings.