Our litigation practice focuses on dispute resolution relating to complex commercial disputes, environment and land disputes, employment and labour relations, property disputes, public procurement disputes succession law and estate planning.
A niche area of practice tax advisory in addition to representing parties on tax disputes. We also advise on tax implications of mergers and acquisitions and capital market transactions. Our litigators have the experience, skills and judgement to successfully guide our clients through the judicial process.
- Currently representing a County Government in a dispute at the High Court of Kenya. Our brief is to safeguard the community and public interest to protect the interests in a land claim valued over USD 300 Million.
- Acted as the lead defence counsel for a leading Kenyan university in a number of employment and labour disputes involving summary dismissals and unfair termination; the value of the claims was about USD 50 Million.
- Representing a flower farm in a land dispute over land valued over USD 50 Million.
- Representing the County Government in a land dispute over a parcel of land valued at approximately USD 30 Million.
- Acted as the lead defence counsel for a leading Kenyan telecommunication operator in a number of employment and labour disputes relating to retrenchment of staff.
- Successfully represented an international company in a procurement dispute with the Kenya Airports Authority over a high-value contract worth USD 10 Million.
- Reviewed the Kenya Public Procurement laws and advised the Public Procurement Oversight Authority on the criteria for handling and determining appeals on procurement decisions of state organs.
- Part of the team that reviewed the Kenya labour laws, advised a County Government Unit on a robust Human Resource Management tool and drafted the County Government’s Human Resource Management Regulations.
- Part of the team that advised the Office of the President of Kenya on the structure of the executive arm of the Government under the new constitutional dispensation following enactment of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010.
- Part of the team that reviewed the legal and regulatory framework governing the Kenya agricultural sector and advised the Kenya government on the repeal of the law leading to the enactment of the Agriculture, Fisheries and Food Authority Act, 2013.